February - Going
Going is one of the 5 habits of a World Christian. It is one of the habits that can be hard to start because it demands you to leave your comfort zone for a period of time. But once you acquire this habit your life will never be the same. Keith Green asks an important question to us: "Why should you go to the mission field?" He answers that question in his article that is titled by that same question. Here are at least 8 reasons why we should embrace the habit of going:
1) Because Jesus has told you to go. (Mark 16:15)
2) You should go because the need is so great. (Matt. 9:37-38)
3) You should go because so few Christians are obeying the call, making the need even greater! (Rom 10:14, 17)
4) You should go because God gives special anointing and grace to those who leave their own land, people, and culture to do God's will and spread the Gospel. (Gen 12:1-3)
5) You should go because America (and some other western nations) is literally drenched with the Gospel, while most other countries and cultures of the world do not have any continual, relevant witness at all. (Rom. 15:20-21)
6) You should go because, as Oswald J. Smith said, "No one has the right to hear the Gospel twice, while there remains someone who has not heard it once." (II Cor. 4:3-4)
7) You should go because the time is short. More and more countries are closing their doors to missionaries and the Gospel, and we must go now. (John 9:4)
8) You should go because the Holy Spirit is speaking to Christian leadership all over the world that it is God's desire for there to be a great final missionary thrust with the Gospel before the end of the age. It is His desire that every people should have the Gospel preached to them, and that the Gospel should be published in every nation and in every language. And unless YOU get involved personally, there is no hope of that ever happening in our generation! (Acts 1:8; Matt. 24:14 and II Peter 3:9)
So what are we left with after reading the above? Our desire is for you to be ready to add the habit of GOING to your life - short term and/or long term. The Traveling Team partners with 10 great agencies that are actively developing opportunities on the mission field for college students.
If you are interested in teaching English in another country, please reply to this email and let us know.
For a brief description of each agency, visit http://www.thetravelingteam.org/
If you would like to read Keith Green's entire article, click here http://thetravelingteam.org